Welcome to Mayfield Primary School
Mayfield is a very special school in which to learn and play.
I am delighted to be the new Headteacher here at Mayfield. The school has an excellent reputation locally and within the borough. Our parents and carers tell us that Mayfield is like a family, a community school that truly embraces and promotes our vision of striving together for a brighter future.
We are proud of the caring, nurturing and emotionally supportive ethos we have created and the work we do to encourage and support our children to achieve in every aspect of their schooling.
Our school setting is lovely and unique - surrounded by local parks, green spaces and leafy avenues.
Our school is welcoming, friendly and nurturing. Our staff are committed to improving outcomes for all children, to widening their opportunities and extending their aspirations. Expectations of behaviour, attainment and progress are high.
Our curriculum is vibrant and exciting and through it children develop a thirst for knowledge and a lifetime love of learning.
We are delighted that you are visiting us online and hope that you find plenty to engage with and inform you about life at Mayfield.
Cornerstones of our ethos:
- A set of Values that are shared by our community and which underpin our ethos. Our Values (respect, responsibility, aspiration, determination, good manners, kindness and friendship and honesty) also provide a code of behaviour for the children to follow. The Values are displayed in the school and reinforced in assemblies and throughout the curriculum.
- A dedicated, committed and talented teaching staff who support children emotionally, and in their personal and social development and challenge them academically.
- A curriculum that is interesting, engaging and promotes the acquisition of knowledge.
- A wide range of enriching experiences that motivate and engage children in learning - from Circus Workshops to visiting writers and poets, visits to the Local Art Gallery - Pitzhanger Manor, drama workshops, dance workshops, visits to Central London, working with an artist in residence during art week and theatre trips to the West End to name but a few of the wider experiences we provide for the children.
- A caring, secure and friendly environment for children, parents, carers and staff that embodies our strapline of working together for a brighter future.
There are lots of examples on this website of how all of these aspects of Mayfield come together to create a happy and focussed learning environment where children thrive.
If you would like paper copies of any of the information on this website please ask the school office.